I Forge Iron

William Parker Anvil

I recently bought a William Parker Anvil made at Pond Forge Sheffield England. It weighs 110 lbs. I think it was made in the mid 1800's. Does anyone have any info on these anvils and how much is it worth? 

IMG_2908.JPG

IMG_2909.JPG

Edited by Chadt75
Added another photo

Worth depends a lot on which of the 100+ countries that participate on these forums you are in.  Shoot just in the USA it can vary by 50% depending on if you are in an anvil rich zone vs an anvil poor zone.

It looks to be in good shape, can you tell if the pritchel was punched or drilled? Sometimes earlier anvils were retrofitted with them and that can throw off dating a bit.

What is the weight stamp on the side?  Its in CWT and looks like the first number is a 3 for 84 pounds, I can't read the last two digits well.  Anvils in that weight range tend to sell better than others as they are a good using size. (I assumed you weighed it on a scale to get the 110?)

Thanks for the reply. To me it looks like the pritchel hole was punched out. The weight stamp looks like 0325 to me, and yes I put it on a scale and it was 110 lbs on the money. I'm in Pennsylvania probably an anvil rich area, I'm guessing. 

So in the CWT system that is 0x112 + 3 x 28 (and can only be 0-3) + 25 (and can only be 0-27)  = 109 pounds so 110 is well within tolerance. In PA, USA My *GUESSTIMATE* would be: $2 a pound would be cheap, $3 a pound may be reasonably expected, and more depends on finding someone that has to have that anvil NOW!