I Forge Iron

Grinding station for small shed

CIW

Hey all, new to the forum. I'm setting up a small inside shed after many years of vacuuming up the side of my house when working..lol

Any ideas on capturing grinding dust at some sort of station inside a small building? Thanks for you help. 

Short answer: Don't.  You are so much better of doing this outside if at all possible.

Long answer: most professional smiths and knifemakers (welding fabricators too for that matter) have "dirty" shops and "clean" shops. Weld spatter, mill scale and abrasive grinding dust are death to precision machine tools and finished goods.  Much money and effort is spent on providing separate air systems to each area. Adequate shop air filtration,re-circulation and exhaust and even the level of personal air filtration equipment is a whole industry unto itself.

Since you are using an angle grinder a catch box with a filtered exhaust is probably your best bet.

Since you are using a bench grinder with "stone" wheels, get one of the industrial ones with a port to hook to an exhaust built into the guard.

Since you are using a belt grinder you will probably have to build your own system to have a narrow slot to pull swarf right under your contact wheel.  Having it go to a barrel with the inlet from the grinder down low and the outlet to the fan unit up high with a filter can have most of the heavy stuff fall out.

Really not telling us the details makes this pretty much a guessing game...