I Forge Iron

Reminder for Friday night Knife chat

EdCaffreyMS

Just wanted to remind everyone that this coming Friday, Feb 1st, at 10pm eastern, 9pm central, 8pm mountain, and 7pm Pacific time we will be holding our first knife chat here at IforgeIron.com. Glenn has graciously allowed me to move the chat from my website to Iforgeiron. Bring your questions, thoughts, and ideas, and lets enjoy each other company.

All of the general rules that apply to the regular Iforgeiron chat room will apply.

Rather than waste the time on the chat, I thought I would give everyone a little background on myself here.

I'm Ed Caffrey. I'm located in Great Falls, Montana, USA. I am an American Bladesmith Society Mastersmith (ABS), and have been a Bladesmith for 25 years, with the last four years being full-time, since my retirement from the US Air Force. I have taught Bladesmithing all over the US, Canada, and Europe. I have also been a judge for the American Bladesmith society at both the Journeyman smith, and the Mastersmith levels. Currently my passion is Mosaic Damascus, but I produce knives at all levels, both straight and folders.
I thrive on sole-authorship, meaning that when you see one of my knives, everything to do with it has been accomplished by my hand. I am also a firm believer that sharing is the key to advancing our knifemaking skills. Each encounter with another maker opens new ideas and possibilities, and what better way to do that than a format such as the chat room, where folks for all over the world can participate!

Look forward to visiting with all of you on Friday evenings!

The following notice is posted on the front page of IForgeIron.com

IForgeIron Knife Chat Starts February 1, 2008

Avoid the rush and register early to get a chair.

Otherwise it may be standing room only

Each Friday from 10pm to 11 pm eastern time (8-9 mountain time) the IForgeIron LIVE CHAT room will hold a dedicated discussion on knives, blades, and etc. The subject will depend on the questions ask by those present.
To get to the chat, register to the IForgeIron site. Log into IForgeIron using you name and password and don't forget to click the "remember me" box (this keeps you from timing out). Click "chat" at the top of the page and you are in.

Should I mention that if you click on the photos, you can see other knives?

The first Friday Night Live Knife Chat had 33 in attendance. A lot of knife information was discussed.

If you missed this one, we will do it again next Friday at 10 pm eastern time. Join us if you get the chance.

The chat is open 24/7 so drop in any time. The subject of the discussion depends on who is present and what question was ask. But throughout the week, a lot of discussions concern knives and everyone is welcome.