I Forge Iron

Looking for Inspiration

Nice work D.C. I'm the worlds worst for twisting off on a tangent but I have to compliment the chain mail, very cool. Did you make it?

I just looked in the photo album and this is the only picture of a spike in my tablet. When I get back to the shop after lunch I'll get some pictures of cabinet hardware made from spikes.

IMG_20150601_182956.JPG

Twisted, that's the best detail on a spike hawk I've seen. The fullering adds TONS of character.

Thanks, making maille is one of my previous obsessive hobbies. That was going to be a hauberk....then I started having kids and that hobby went by the wayside. Now, a decade later, I'm getting my girls working on my obsessions with me.....maybe they can start coiling rings and help finish it off.

Thanks D.C. I've read just enough about making mail to know it would quickly become another all consuming obsession so I haven't started down that road. I hope you get to finish it and share photos!

Curtis87.... I looked around the shop and couldn't find the door pulls I said I would post. I usually make a few extra when someone orders so I have a working pattern if they re-order but if I did they have grown legs. I do have some steak turners, I'm sure you've seen these. There are hundreds of spike project ideas on IFI but I've had trouble finding stuff on here too. Do a Google search to whatever you want and add iforgeiron to your search. Whatever I want is usually here but it's easier to find using Google. Hope that helps......

-M-

IMG_20160908_211156.jpg

IMG_20160908_211051.jpg