I Forge Iron

Guard how to?

markb

New here so bear with me please.
I can't figure out how to assemble a guard like this. It won't slip over the butt?
I just noticed... this should have prolly been posted in Problem Solving

Thought I should add... Knife by Buster Warenski

5025.attach

Mark that is a really nice piece and it is not a comlicated way to put the guard on but adds a lot to the knife. It is called a coffin joint handle. The tang is tapereed in at each side, The guard is slippon and secured by solder epoxy or just realyu nic etight maching for a press fit. The a handle shaped pice of steel that matches the blade composition is fashioned with a cut out in the middle to match the shape of the tang. it is slid down over the tang and fitted to have no gaps at the back of the guard. Some makers silver solder in place some pin itthe two pins at the butt of the handle hold the handle material to the add on piece. the one pin nearest the guard is through the tang hodld the handle to the tang. Depending on how the added piece is designed the decorative pins in the pattern may add strength. TAke a sheet of paper and draw this knife: the from the cuard back draw a tang tapering in from each side towars the butt stop and inch short of the butt then cut the coffin shaped piece from the tang and it may clear this up. Enjoy