I Forge Iron

anvil help with pictures

I have the book.  But find it vast and difficult to follow. Is this the same anvil in the pisc? One from book. Another from a shop.

My best guess is fisher & norris Eagle model made in Trenton NJ  

the book says these have Fisher on the front of the foot under horn but clearly shows in the pictures in book they read Fisher under heel. Thus information in this book is haphazard at best.

20160717_222358.jpg

20160716_175047.jpg

You definitely have a Fisher anvil circa 1892. Fisher changed logos and marking points at different times over the years. Josh is THE expert on Fishers. He can tell you  what the differences are between logos over the years.

I think you are confused the pic (you are showing) in the book has FISHER on the left foot under the horn for that particular 1913 anvil.

the horn is the pointy thing on the right in the pic.  As for the one in the shop pic can't see the foot under the horn just the date under the heel and the logo in the body.  

Ok. .......the book has about 34 pictures of the Fisher under the heel. So. I call it like I see it. The author mentioned under horn.

So yea. This is confusing.  Not my anvil. Found it at a shop. Said I have the book. He would like to know more about it. Setting outside on a large tree stump. Not used for anything. I started reading and found Fisher.  Fisher and Norris and also Eagle. Some are ccast steel. Some cast gun metal (?) And yet another concauction.

I dont care what it is made from. But for owners sake he'd like to know. It's a lawn ornament. Cost him 300.00

Do you believe every advertisement you read or look at to be the way it will be??  All the pics with fisher under the heel on the foot are advertising pics.  In the 11 pics of the actual anvils 6 of them the fisher is on the front foot under the horn.  In the ad pics it is good marketing to put the company name where the buyer will see it... Hence if you are looking at a drawing of the back the name of the company is more important than the date of manufacturing.  Hence the fisher name on the foot under the heel.  It is just an ad.  Also the 30 to forty fishers I have seen all have the fisher on the front foot under the horn.