I Forge Iron

sliver wire working

knowing this is not a jewelry forum I thought I would ask anyway. I am trying to take a cool piece of damascus (1"x1"x1/6th) ad make a pendant out of it. anyway i think i have an idea i wanna try and what it entails is coiling a piece of silver real tight and pressing the center out like a cone....then the square edge of the steel will fit into it to cup it sort of....anyone have any ideas on how to get a symetrical coil to produce this effect.....
any help would be appreciated

PM Ladysmith and ask her about it. I think she does some wire work. Nice lady, met her a little over a year ago. I haven't seen her on here for a while, but still worth a try.

The forge name?......I needed something original to identify me. Heard my mom say the thing about playing with fire for years growing up. I have always been a firebug. Just seemed to fit. I even have a little sign above the doors to my shop. My wife just shook her head. Amazing how many people have never heard the saying.

aaron c.

Pete,

I check in every once and a while. The cage is easy. Here is a tutorial I found on the internet...(wish I had found this one when I was figuring it out.) :)

I started adding a marble in the middle. They make great Christmas ornaments.

Anyway here's the link:

Cage Bead Tutorial

Is that what you were looking for?

Good luck, and I want to see picture of the end result.

Pam