I Forge Iron

Zombie killer, tactical elvish, and simple camp chopper

Some biggish blades I forged out for the Blade Show.

This one is the second of the blades inspired by Chris Redfield's Resident Evil 5 knife that I've forged.  The steel is 5160, handle is black TeroTuf with flared stainless steel rivets.  Blade length is 16 3/4", overall length is 21 3/4"

re01_zpsseyejpm7.jpg

I happily appropriate the term "tactical elvish" from my buddy Tobin Nieto to describe this blade.  It ended up being fairly close to my recollection of one of the rejected designs for Sting from Weta Workshops.  Now, if I saw the picture again, I might find I'm wrong.  :D
5160 and TeroTuf, blade length of 14 1/4", OAL of 19 5/8".

tacticalelvish01_zpsdbrelutx.jpg

And a simple camp chopper forged from 80CrV2, with marine epoxy-impregnated paracord over neoprene.  Blade is 12", OAL is 18 1/4".

chopper01_zpsheb3xs7s.jpg

Hi James!

Can't believe that nobody has commented these knives since Saturday :blink:

Without aiming for any new to say I can tell I like these blades very much - as usual, really. That Tactical elvish one is definitely my favorite. The curved lines, the false edge, handle type and shape - just perfect! 

Keep on and show us more!! :)

Gergely

PS: It's more of a PM thing, but finally I found an on sale springhammer pretty close to my home, so the building of one like your Gunnhilda went off - I have some big steel pieces though just in case :) Thanks for all the help (back then).