I Forge Iron

Peter Wright anvil info

Hey Guys , I inherited my Grandad's Peter Wright anvil. it has these markings that are legible on the waist :       PETER WRIGHT

PATENT

ENGLAND

AMASOI  ( in a half circle )

1                     1                  15

and BB on the front lower base

Steve Sells tells me it weighs 155lbs. I just wonder what I can find out about the markings and age and origin of My Peter Wright I'm going to post some pics too. IMG_20160516_091958471.thumb.jpg.a875465

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh just out of curiosity what is this worth? Not going to sell it I'll probably pass it down to my grandson too. Thanks in advance for any info on this guys !

IMG_20160516_091859817_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160516_090336063_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160516_091934666_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160516_092040538.jpg

IMG_20160516_090318127.jpg

The 'England' mark puts it 1910 or newer. Not sure how long PW stayed in business after that. Value depends where you are. Could be $2-6 per pound. You have a pretty nice looking one there, so maybe towards the middle of that range, at least where I am. Hope you're not going to sell it.

Steve

As so many blacksmithing questions end up having a location factor editing your profile to put a *GENERAL* location is suggested, MI USA would do or you can do like I did in mine.  This lets folks say things like "Forge welding is tricky, stop by my shop Saturday and I'll coach you through it."