I Forge Iron

Howdy from Vancouver, BC

spicehammer

Hello! My name's Ivan and I'm a seasoned beginner. I've been forging for a three years now, got started at the Kootenay School of the Arts in Nelson in a course taught by the amazing Kevin Kratz of Goose Creek Forge. I've just finished my second year of an Industrial Design Degree at Emily Carr University of Art and Design, which isn't a bad place, but they really love to focus on *why* you're doing things as opposed to teaching you *how* to do actual techniques. I'm teaching other students at the school the ins and outs of the techniques that I feel confident enough to pass on without giving anyone any bad habits. Tons of people in my city live in tiny shoebox apartments without shop access, so I'm interested in designing ways to make blacksmithing accessible to them should they want to do it. I'm also very interested in exploring blacksmithing's appropriate technology and sustainable design applications. 

I've been a longtime lurker on these forums, and I'm glad to have finally created an account. Looking forward to getting busy!

Good Morning, Spice

Vancouver Island Blacksmith Association in Victoria is starting to get things together for CanIRON XI at Kwantlen Polytechnic University in Cloverdale. July 2017.

There are quite a few Blacksmith people in the Greater Vancouver area, but they haven't gotten together. We are hoping this will be the thing for that to happen. North West Blacksmith Association will be having their Spring Conference in Longview Washington, May 13-15, 2016. If you can make it, look me up. I will be back and forth quite a bit to your Island, getting CanIRON going.

Don't be shy, PM me if you want more details.

Neil

OOps,

Spice, put your location in your Avatar.

Neil