I Forge Iron

FOUND! The Royal Blower Folks Been Looking For

SReynolds

I finally found the blower. The one folks been talking about for years. That one blower that is unmolested and original. It would appear,to the best of my knowledge, to be all original. I still am not 100% on that as ALL original is quite rare.But,,,,,, it appears to be.......The paint isn't even broken around the housing screws.No cracks. No repairs. The handle also appears original. It obviously is still very much red. Some of the paint is peeking out from under the layers of oil film and coal ash.

I just can't get over how quiet these Canedy Otto blowers are. I have been looking through the catalog and still cant quite figure where and when/why they used the name ROYAL and also WESTERN CHIEF cuz it's the same thing. The Royal forges are also Western Chief. But the Western Chief Forges are not a Royal. But the top of the line blower is both. 

I'd feel bad to take it apart and clean it. The handle is a bit sloppy but I want to use it so maybe...I dunno......fix up the handle with a new one. But then it won't be original. I feel I need to donate it to a museum.

blacksmithing tools 006.jpg

blacksmithing tools 007.jpg

blacksmithing tools 008.jpg

I traded the dealer an old junk 400 Champion gear case  He knocked off 100.00 It was servicable but sounds like rocks tumbling around.

It looks dark in the pictures but its maroon red. I have seen a few others that color.

Oh .....wait. .....

"this is not the blower I have been looking for"

"I need to send it to you for disposal"