I Forge Iron

Swage block

Reversepolarity

Out of curiosity, could you share what "affordable" was or is that asking too much?  In this half of WA state, they're never affordable--especially considering that most people who have one tend to use it as door stop 99.99% of the time.

Last couple I saw that were in the size range of yours were pushing a grand in asking price.

10 minutes ago, Kozzy said:

Out of curiosity, could you share what "affordable" was or is that asking too much?  In this half of WA state, they're never affordable--especially considering that most people who have one tend to use it as door stop 99.99% of the time.

Last couple I saw that were in the size range of yours were pushing a grand in asking price.

I paid $300, I was happy at $2 per pound

There is one for sale right now (Craigslist) in Seattle right now for $400 also

The last few I have seen for sale around here were $600-$800 for this size, and they sold at those prices.

Patience always pays off.

I've got 3 blocks roughly the same size/weight and basically paid $300 each. They hardly show up out my way but when they do they seem to hang around for longer than they should which has been good for me...

Nice block by the way!

2 hours ago, Reversepolarity said:

swage block on Craigslist

man, ive never seen a swage block on craigslist, and for 300, that's a good deal.

Littleblacksmith