I Forge Iron

Hello from England

Bowland

Hello to all new member here from forest of Bowland Lancashire 

Running a small fabrications shop here work has taken me more towards domestic gates and railings. Estate rail fencing of late so picking up the ball and running with it now 

Welder fabricator by trade but did many years in sales. Marketing and design

Was lucky enough back in the eighties to spend time with the last of our true blacksmiths he was in his eighties then and I was a teenager with arms like garth and I still struggled to keep pace striking for him. Just wished I had listened more when I had the chance 

Welcome aboard, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header we won't have to keep bugging you about your location. We're not going to remember where you are after this post or our limited brain space would be full with remembering where something like 40,000+ people live and this is a world spanning forum. Okay, maybe I got carried away with one of my stock greetings I get windy now and then. Yeah in both senses. :wacko:

There has been quite a bit of discussion of business startups and how the odds are stacked against a blacksmithing business making it. You however are in a golden position seeing as you're adding forged product to a related existing business. Slipping into blacksmithing as a profession by expanding an existing business is perfect. As close to a sure way to do it as I can think of, if forging doesn't pay off you're still in business.

Yeah, don't we all wish we'd listen more closely back when. Join the masses.

Frosty The Lucky.