I Forge Iron

Hungarian church windows anvil 200kg. "DIOSGYOR" Help to find some information about manufacturer

Hi there!

Today I've bought this anvil. 200kg. 73cm long in total, face is 47cm x 12.5cm. & 40cm high. 

DIOSGYOR

1943. II.

200kg

On the other side is     1489.

I would like to find some information about manufacturer, its hitory. Everything which I can find by this name it is a Castle DIOSGYOR in Hungary.  

!P2240498.JPG

!P2240503.JPG

!P2240516.JPG

P2240510.JPG

P2240512.JPG

P2240519.JPG

P2240520.JPG

P2240524.JPG

P2240514.JPG

One reference mentions that the  DIOSGYOR region was an iron producing area so I'm guessing that the name does relate to the production location.  The 1943 date puts it in a theoretical bad time for quality--that was when war production meant whipping stuff out as fast as possible.  How does the quality seem to you?

"Also in Új(diós)győr (Diósgyőr-Vasgyár) stands the steel factory that made Miskolc the most important heavy industrial city of Hungary (and earned it the nickname "Steel City")."

Thanks for answer. 

First impressions are very good: face is very flat (even with a ruler measuring up to the light), but has some marks of cuts, not serious & 2 chips - photo №№ 5 & 9.

As for its condition I think it was used hard for its 70+ years and it is still in good condition so I guess that the  quality  is good.

30mm steel ball bounces for about 80% of the height from which it was thrown. Currently face is in rust, I think after cleaning these results would be better. 

From 30mm steel ball strikes It sounds continuously, more longer then another Hungarian anwil which I have (Sac MNOSz1300)