I Forge Iron

High Speed Racine Draw Cut hacksaw

A High Speed Racine Draw Cut power hacksaw just walked in my smithy. It dragged  its electric motor behind it.

Its a rather small model without a pump for cooling liquid. It stands on a cabinet. It was originaly bought in Montreal from Foss and Hill Machinery Co. as appears on a brass plate riveted to the machine. I found some interesting stuff about an assistant manager of the company (A. W. Moore) and on e-Bay, someone is selling the september page of the 1917 calendar the company put out.

The power hacksaw is in pretty good shape, I think, eventhough :

1. it misses the top weight that can be moved to apply more or less pressure on the blade (easily made),
  2. the teeth that control the fall of the saw have to be machined (I have a machinist in my village)
  3. it has to be cleaned and oiled and greased,
  4. the motor has to be installed

Anyone out there have one of those?

1. How much does the moving weight weigh?
  2. If you have any documents pertaining to the machine like parts or operation manuals, would it be possible to see them? 
  3. I saw a multitude of vids on Youtube.  They have 12" and 14" models : is that lenght that of the blade? One of them looks like mine :

Thanks

• 9 months later...