I Forge Iron

McP Pty Ltd ANVIL Information please

Welcome aboard Mick, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header you might be surprised how many of the Iforge gang live within visiting distance.

Sorry, don't know anything about that anvil. Face and edges look decent but the casting looks kind of rough. What does a rebound test tell you? Drop a ball bearing from a way up and estimate how high it rebounds as a %. Good is in the 75%+ range and below about 60% is pretty limp biscuit poor.

Frosty The Lucky.

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

Welcome aboard Mick, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header you might be surprised how many of the Iforge gang live within visiting distance.

Sorry, don't know anything about that anvil. Face and edges look decent but the casting looks kind of rough. What does a rebound test tell you? Drop a ball bearing from a way up and estimate how high it rebounds as a %. Good is in the 75%+ range and below about 60% is pretty limp biscuit poor.

Frosty The Lucky.

Thanks Frosty for the welcome, I'm glad i was told about this site. Hopefully will be able to learn from the members, and share what knowledge i have.Thanks for that tip i bought a bearing and done the rebound test as you suggested, getting at least 75% rebound, closer to 90% i would say.

2 hours ago, John McPherson said:

If it is from Australia, it may be a rare McPherson product, unless someone knows another McP down under.

McPherson ad1.jpg

McPherson ad2.jpg

Thanks for the info John. Its a great help. Can i ask do you know what date / era that ad is from?

Mick