I Forge Iron

Blueridge Georgia here

Devildog

Hello guys and gals, I'm a newbie and looking to connect with locals in the area. I am a knife maker and currently do stock removal as my method. I have purchased an anvil and it is just sitting in the shop. I need some advice on where to purchase or how to build a propane forge. I have A lot of interest with zero know how when it comes to forging. If anyone is willing to show a new guy the way around the anvil I would greatly appreciate it. I apprenticed under Fiddleback forge and Fletcher knives and have a solid understanding of knife making if anyone wishes to get some cross training in. Help is appreciated and thanks in advance. Willing to travel 100 miles, Semper Fi

Just up the road from you, in Brass Town, NC is John C. Campbell Folk School.  Go up on a Friday to visit the Blacksmith shop, Visit with Paul Garrett, resident blacksmith and learn about their local group.  Plan to stay for the evening show and tell, eat an excellent supper then attend the free concert.

Also www.AlexBealer.org is the Atlanta area ABANA Affiliate.  They meet in various shops around the Atlanta area on the 3rd Saturday of each month.  December meeting is at John Ziegler's shop in Brass Town.  Turkey lunch included.