I Forge Iron

Forge in at Bushfire Forge May 6th 7th 8th 2016

It is with great pleasure that I am able to announce the 2016 Bushfire Forge 'Forge - In'.

It will be held on the  6th, 7th and 8th of May 2016.   There will be 3 days of demonstrations, lectures and forging with frolics in the evening.

Demonstrations and Lectures by:-  Jesus Hernandez  USA Lee Sauder  USA Dr Fabrice Cognot  France  Josh Burrell  UK  Rod Hughes  UK Will Catchaside  UK Paul Mortimer  UK

There will also be a smelt and chances to have a go at forging and using the school facilities. I now have 5 hammers running and may well have a 6th on the go by then.   These are friendly international events. They are a great way to meet some of the worlds best Bladesmiths and tap into a wealth of information that you would be hard pushed to find elsewhere on the planet !

Forge-In price : £130  (this includes attendance to the 3 day forge-in and food on the Saturday night. Accommodation and your daily food is not included but there is a limited amount of crash space. For details about accommodation please contact us on the email below.  I run the forge in on a non profit basis and all the money you pay (and then some) goes to the costs of running the event.)

• 3 months later...

I have some titles for some of the forge in demos and lectures....... less than 2 months away !

Lee Sauder
Talk "bloomery smelting in Sudan"
 Demo :- forging the sword fuller (with hammer and anvil)

Jesus Hernandez- USA
 Talk “Reverse engineering the Vehmaa sword pattern welding dilemma.”
Demo :- Clay coating and differential hardening of a blade.

Jeremy Hodgkinson – UK
The iron industry in the Weald from the Iron Age to the Middle Ages

Rod Hughes – UK
 Talk “Making Wax patterns for blade components and how to convert them into historic and modern lost wax moulds”
Demo  :- Bronze casting

Paul Mortimer - UK
Talk "Aspects of swords in England during the 5th to 7th centuries."

Dr Fabrice Cognot -Vive la France
 Talk  “The evolution of the axe as a weapon in medieval times”