I Forge Iron

Champion 400 Oil Cup Question

tcalvin

I got lucky and picked up a Champion 400 blower for 30 bucks. It was frozen up but I have disassembled it and freed everything up. 

It is missing the Oil Cup as well as the brass fitting the Oil Cup would have screwed into. 

Does anyone know the thread size of the hole on the cast iron gear cover?

I have some taps and it seems like 7/16 fits but then I'm not sure if its coarse or fine threaded etc. 

Welcome aboard Calvin, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header you might be surprised how many of the IFI gang live within visiting distance.

Without an oil cup you just put a few drops of oil in the hole occasionally during a session. The little oil cups tend to get knocked off at the drop of anything and though I can't say for sure I THINK Champion stopped putting them on blowers unless special ordered.

If there is a hole and no threads it didn't have an oil cup. If you just MUST put one on then gauge the hole diameter with a drill bit, start with one that's too small and increase size till one won't pass, it's the one just before the no-go.

Frosty The Lucky.