I Forge Iron

sorta simple rr anvil

Just don't get too carried away making that look like a London pattern anvil, that isn't what makes an anvil. It's what you use it for that makes an anvil. Radius the sharp edges on the horn and it's ready to go, really it is.

Frosty The Lucky.

Reminds me of one I made when I first started. I don't know what kind of rail it is. It's smaller than RR rail and has NO rebound. Completely dead. RR rail has at least some rebound.

But boy, was it tough! Tougher than RR rail. It went through cutoff wheels like nothing and stunk up the place like something strange when I was cutting it. I still have several feet of it that I don't know what to do with.IMG_20150702_183849.thumb.jpg.9159031281IMG_20150702_183859.thumb.jpg.a922cc551e

Edited by Anthony San Miguel

well i finished off rounding the corners which took a bit (all I had to use was an 80 grit 1x30 belt from my belt sander) in the picture is the finished anvil (for now) my 2.5lb blacksmith style hammer made by kobalt and my hf 1x30 belt sander 

0702152029.jpg