I Forge Iron

Forge design check

Ok, so ive been doing research and looking around at other forges that people have built and have come up with a general idea of what i want. I was planning on a 10" pipe 12 inches long with 2 inches of kaowool and a firebrick floor. The inner diameter would then be 6" or maybe a bit less and so i ran the volume and got about 300. This seems like it would be right in the range that works well for a 3/4" burner. I didnt want to have to make more than one burner anyway. I dont like the cost of the kaowool rigidizers so i was wondering if i can just use tile cement. I used it in my charcoal forge and it seems to be doing the job, but it rubs off probably because of the heat. Is there a wash i can make myself that is relatively cheap so that i can put a better wash on it or would the tile cement work just fine? Ill be putting a door on each side and the back side restricting the opening down to 2 inches by 4 inches. I hope that i can save a bit of fuel by making this as efficient as possible but im sure that i will have flaws with my first one.

Ok, well I just picked up the supplies for an EZ burner, so now that ive got that and a propane tank with a set up for the shut off valve I just need the wool cast able and the wash. If im going to use 2 inches of blanket in a 10 inch pipe i will wind up with a 6 inch diameter hole, the bottom will be made of a firebrick because its cheap and locally sourced. If i just need to add the cast-able to the upper part of the forge then would i want to put 1/2 inches of cast-able on and then add the wash? If so how many lbs will i need of the cast-able?