I Forge Iron

Guillotine tool - round 2

After my first attempt at a guillotine tool '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>> I am back again for round 2.

Using the first tool I did find the supports to be too tall, and the design to wide, as well as the dies not thick enough.

The latest one uses taller, 1/2" thick dies. I also set the hardy stem on this one so that it sets at a 45 degree angle to the anvil. So far I have made flat fullering dies and small round tennon dies with 1/4, 5/16 and 3/8 inch swages.I have several others dies yet to make for this guillotine. A different version for larger stock may be in the cards later on.

post-37148-0-88942900-1402696354_thumb.j

post-37148-0-84005000-1402696373_thumb.j

I have a heavy lug crimper:  http://www.iboats.com/Heavy-Duty-Lug-Crimper/dm/view_id.38723

I never thought of using it for blacksmithing purposes but your photos got me thinking, always dangerous.

Oh yeah, those are handy tools for sure. Good thing somebody thought of using a blacksmith's tool for crimping lugs. Isn't it? <grin>

Frosty The Lucky.