I Forge Iron

What is it ?

Nice looking Vulcan. Just be careful not to miss blows near the edges, they are brittle! I'd radius them a bit. If you need to do any cold hammering keep it light and in the center and it should be alright.......................... B)

My name is Sisco, but they call me Crisco for shortening.

I have dealt with these anvil questions privately by e-mail, but perhaps my answers were not good enough. The anvil is probably cast iron; it is really ugly, and it is maybe a one-off cast by a private firm, and marked and used by that firm only.

That Vulcan sure has some clean edges!

Nice looking Vulcan. Just be careful not to miss blows near the edges, they are brittle! I'd radius them a bit. If you need to do any cold hammering keep it light and in the center and it should be alright.......................... B)

Yes you have but there was no resolution to,the manufacturer which was what I was after. From your e-mail, I decided not to buy the other anvil but still wanted a decent anvil to do my hobby work on, hence the Vulcan I recently purchased.

Thanks, I will try to remember.
I plan only light duty for this one, hobby anvil.

Had my son in law pickup the anvil for me today.
First impression is, "it is smaller than I thought" and "looks good, the edges are clean".

Weighted it on the bathroom scale, 105 lbs.

It should fit my use really well.

Glad I purchased it.

Thanks for all of the help on the other anvil, even if it was just an ASO, was hoping for something better.