I Forge Iron

Looking For a Fire Pot to Fit

knots

I am looking for a fire pot to fit this ash dump/air tube.  Not sure if it is a Champion or a Buffalo .  Any confirmation of manufacturer and/or source of a fire pot that will bolt on will be appreciated.  The mounting holes are 7" center to center, the diameter of the discharge opening is 5 1/2".

post-14777-0-01202600-1402437304_thumb.j

post-14777-0-33818800-1402437326_thumb.j

That is the same fire pot my forge is currently being built around. Mine has wording on the top that I am trying to make out, I will let you know when I Unicode it. I can send you the dimensions of mine and you could fab a new upper, there is really nothing to it.

Made from thick enough steel a fabbed firepot will work fine. 

Looks like a champion Whirlwind firepot. good stuff, right there. Supposed to be supreme when paired up with a 400 blower.

Thanks .   I agree it does look like it is a fit for the whirlwind fire pot.   The clinker breaker appears to be configured to swing through a cylindrical depression at the bottom of a slotted tuyere .    The radius on the swing is 3".   The bottom of the fire pot will need to have a corresponding cylindrical depression .    That would be tricky to fabricate but do-able.  However it sure would be nice to find a fire pot that was made to fit.  Now that I know what I have I will be able to call around to see what is available.  Many thanks for that ID.

If all else fails I'll just use 4 or 5 inch wide 1" thick bar to fab a  firepot .   In that case I would likely convert the dump/air assembly to use a triangular clinker breaker that I already have.