I Forge Iron

Filing vise

Rhettbarnhart

Good things come to those who wait!!This will be my 5th vise so far....I went to an auction today and was pretty sad when I was outbid on a smith and Wesson .357.Everything went high all day(used stuff for new price)finally at the end of the day when most people had left this vise came up I was the only one to bid and got this little jewel for 20$!The vise is made by the American scale company and has 3in jaws at 40lbs btw the vise is sitting beside a 8lb Wilton BASH sledge hammer for size comparison.

post-25948-0-13294800-1397350116_thumb.j post-25948-0-53591100-1397350148_thumb.j post-25948-0-36538400-1397350177_thumb.j

I forgot to mention that it needs new jaws which I will make next week

• 11 months later...

Good things come to those who wait!!This will be my 5th vise so far....I went to an auction today and was pretty sad when I was outbid on a smith and Wesson .357.Everything went high all day(used stuff for new price)finally at the end of the day when most people had left this vise came up I was the only one to bid and got this little jewel for 20$!The vise is made by the American scale company and has 3in jaws at 40lbs btw the vise is sitting beside a 8lb Wilton BASH sledge hammer for size comparison.

post-25948-0-13294800-1397350116_thumb.jpost-25948-0-53591100-1397350148_thumb.j

I forgot to mention that it needs new jaws which I will make next week

I am wondering if you ever found out any additional information about your vise.  I was recently given the exact vise but mine is in tougher shape.  It only came with one jaw, the dynamic is cracked on the far side down the center about 3" and the area that holds the jaw is chipped.  I like a challenge so I will be bringing it back to life for light duty use.  The body and handle on these sure seem heavy duty for no bigger than the jaws are.  I wonder if they didn't use the same parts on larger models.