I Forge Iron

Can you identify this anvil?

First off, I am trying to get started doing some blacksmithing as a hobby.  I have been reading the forum articles and have decided to see if I could locate an anvil to get started with.  And I am planning to build my own forge as well.

I saw this anvil in an estate sale listing.  The sale is tomorrow and is a pretty long drive, so I'm trying to determine now if it is worth it.

This picture is all I have to go on for now.  I can't make out the markings on the side and I don't know enough to even begin to identify it based on shape. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks,

Eric

post-53129-0-90456000-1396027458_thumb.j

So a good brand in  good shape; a bit light but will make a good travel anvil; should be marked in pounds.

A happy price would probably be around US$150 but it may go higher as the small anvils tend to higher prices per pound as more people can see themselves using and moving one that size.  Location makes a big difference too.  If I needed an anvil badly and was in an anvil poor area I might go to US$3 a pound and not be really upset.  If it's not an auction I would call them and lock in your interest NOW.

I usually don't travel to auctions as they have been a waste of time for me generally.

Good luck with it if you decide to try. As Mr. Powers said, it would help if you included your general location in your profile. I think we'd all understand if you waited til after the auction though... wouldn't wanna alert too many competitors ;)