I Forge Iron

Wisconsin newbie

Redbeard920

Hi all I've been perusing this site for a few weeks now so I figured I should introduce myself.

Well where to start... I've been told I have an old timey soul. Im of the generation of the techy but I would much rather use tools you power yourself. Dont get me wrong modern convinence is nice but there is something about having to make new tools in order to make a final product... I'm what you guys would consider a youngster but I know the value of sweat and blood.

I'm a bit of a wanderer, I've lived in South Africa and the surounding area, New York, and Alaska, and have finally settled down in NE WI with my beautiful and understanding wife. I'm still very much a novice at smithing but enjoy working and burning metal.

My current project is slowly taking over the garage and turning it into my smith.

Thanks for the help I have recieved so far and will recieve in the future! I look forward to meeting any of you in the area!