I Forge Iron

Requesting assistance

hey texas where are you in texas i'm down here in Houston. this weekend the 5th -7th the Hosuton Area Blacksmtihs accociation is having there annual forge fest. where a buch of us get toghether and learn from each other and make some weird and funky stuff. you would need like $20 for a membership if you want to forge for liability reason. i'll be there i've been forging for...a very long time... it's up in oldenburg. right between lagrange and round top.

HABA Houston Area Blacksmith's Association that'll tell you everything you need to know about it.

Son

forge fest isin't in houston. it's in oldenburg. which is about 2 hours due east of you. i'm gongi to be driving for at least 3.5 hours. i think it would be worth it to make the trip. this is where i met my apprentice years ago. it the long rin. it's not that bad of a drive (aspeccially with the pretty country all around) and you'de learn so much useful information.

Son

i do believe you are correct. my apologies. and i have just been informed that my wife doesn't want me to leave just yet. cause i just got home from a seminar in Ok city. but my good friend Andrew will be there. who ever is goini should sopt him out. thomas you're going to miss a good year. but i hope to see you next year. where you livin'

Son

Jest a tad bit north of you. Actually we live between Longview and Hallsville, TX., about 4hrs north of Houston. My Dad's folk are all from Conroe, Cut-n-Shoot, Willis, Montgomery County. We spent many July 4ths there for family reunions. Some of my fondest memories are from that area. My favorite uncle worked at Houston Light and Power for YEARS. Another uncleworked at one of the tractor dealerships in Conroe.