I Forge Iron

hi! find a job in England, preferably in Northampton, consider any offers. My work can be seen here http://www.iforgeiron.com/topic/35522-i-am-sorry-for-my-english/ and here http://www.iforgeiron.com/topic/35591-flowers/

I'm in Russia. no work visa. get it yourself is impossible. employer needs in England. advice. links to resources. anything that might help. Thanks for the early .. Michael

http://www.iforgeiron.com/topic/35522-i-am-sorry-for-my-english/

Bruin, I am an amateur smith, a professional lawyer and have a foreign (and non-EU) wife, so I am familiar with the subjects of work permits and immigration law here in the UK.

I think that you are probably going to find it very, very difficult to get a legitimate UK work permit. This is because we already have plenty of smiths of our own, plus from January 1st any smith in the whole of the EU can come and work here without a visa and we also have a lot of our own nationals unemployed... many, perhaps most, people are not happy about foreign nationals being given jobs when British people need them.

If you try to obtain a work permit for another job or come without a work permit and then go and work as a smith, you will be breaking the terms of your visa; that is a criminal offence and would mean that you would be deported from the UK and not be allowed to return, so be careful if anyone suggests doing that.

I'll be interested to read about your progress.

thanks for the answer! all these moments I studied. many months studying this problem. and know more about the relationship of immigrants. We in Russia, this problem also exists. illegal ways I'm not interested. I know that the easiest way to civil marriage to the EU. but the only one available to me. is to find an employer in Britain.

it may be 'very difficult'  but that may mean it is not impossible

I am no expert and cannot offer much help.

you want to come to work,

a lot of those on the way here dont want to work, they just want everything free so soon there will be more friction, the rest of europe sends us all the people they dont want

we have unemployment here, we have illegal immigrants, lots of them and we keep letting more in.

I hope you find a way.

Dwarf, it certainly isn't impossible, just very difficult. If an employer can't find the right person for a job within the UK (including foreign nationals here with work permits such as Aussies or Kiwis), there is in fact an obligation to look within the EU before going further afield, i.e. Russia. This obligation has been imposed upon the UK, and other members of the EU, by the EU Commission.

Without getting political (because IFI quite rightly avoids religion, politics and other such matters), I can tell you that this situation may change in the next few years, there is a growing legal concensus that our - the UK's - sovereignty is being infringed. In any case, and even if we leave the EU altogether, I think the situation for Bruin will remain pretty much the same.

The simple fact is that unless Bruin and his potential employer can factually - or at least plausibly - demonstrate to a now fairly sceptical immigration service that he has a specific skill that nobody within the UK or EU has, he will not get a work permit. If any claims made by either an employer or Bruin himself later prove to have been false, the claimant will have committed a criminal offence. An employer would face prosecution and at least a fine, Bruin would face prosecution, maybe confiscation of funds 'earned', deportation and a lifetime ban from entering the UK.

Bruin, please don't misunderstand what I have written, it is in no way meant to infer that you are or would be thinking of acting in such a manner I have no reason to believe you are anything but a decent fellow; I merely write to give an example of the probable results of a given course of action.

As for marriage as a way in... that seems a bit extreme and, I can tell you from personal experience, it is far more closely examined!

Ratel, as the law currently stands - not just in the UK but in all EU member states - any citizen from one EU state must be treated by another EU state as it would its own citizens; there are some derogations regarding matters such as national security and service in the armed forces and police.

Consequently, those developed Western European states such as Denmark, the Netherlands and the UK that have generous social policies have become popular with people from the poorer Eastern and Southern states, since as soon as they come to them they are entitled to everything from medical care to housing and unemployment payments. I make no political comment either way as to whether this is good or bad, I merely state a fact.

However, and this is where it has relevance to Bruin's question, the large numbers that have already come from poorer countries have filled up a large number of lower paid / manual jobs and begun to create resentment among the natives. These facts have to be taken into consideration by the domestic government who - of course - want to get re-elected and so want to look like they are doing something. One of the things they are currently keen to be seen doing is 'protecting British jobs for British workers'... this is entirely possible with regard to non-EU people, but for the time being is legally impossible with regard to EU citizens while the UK is a member of the EU. Hence non-EU citizens, including Russians, bear the brunt of our government's efforts to 'protect' British jobs.