I Forge Iron

Blacksmith groups

Hi Matthew, welcome aboard. There is a state-wide group, and local sub-chapters nearly everywhere you go.

The local branch of NC ABANA meets in Mooresville monthly, on a Sunday. Details here: http://www.ibiblio.org/nc-abana/regional_groups.html

And by the way, that is a great looking 200+ year old Colonial pattern anvil that you have there. Don't get too aggressive with the grinder on that beauty.

thank you for the info gentlemen. I hope I can make one of the up coming meets there in Mooresville Mr. Pierson.
I found a piece of rail so I think I'm going to put that anvil up for awhile. so I don't do anymore damage. the guy said I could have the rail just come get it. its 10' long. so I'm going to try a few different ideas.

I wanted a to buy a new kukri and thought $300 was a lot of money.  After watching videos of the men making kukris, hammering barefoot on a sledgehammer head cemented to the floor, I though " I can do that. this looks easy."  I've spent way more than $300 and still have yet to forge a kukri.  I'm still practicing on bottle openers and s hooks for now.