I Forge Iron

Hello from Missouri

Bubbasan

Hello folks , My name is James and I am glad to be here . I am a swordsmith knifemaker

My specialty is Japanese swords and knives , Retired military  USN ...   I live in central mo

near the Illinois border , little town called Park hills . It is my pleasure to be here among others that share my passion for bladesmithing.  Lived in Japan for a few years learning my trade. I may know some of you

I am sure . I want to wish you a happy thanksgiving and a merry Christmas . take care and be safe

Domo Arigato  ..... James

post-48572-0-52616100-1385328035_thumb.j

hello thomas , its about 450 lb  got it from Tom Clarks esate sale . along with the big crank forge by champion , made in 1902

have a nice thanks giving and christmas

Hey Bubba,

I took a class at Tom's years ago, actually Tsur Sadan taught the class. bought one of his hammers then along with several tong.  I also bought the first Shahinler power hammer he got that he and Phil Cox modified...then Tom purchased the company or at least controlling interest. Also I got one of the set of tools from a forging station and the Edwards shear. I passed on the anvils and we were rushed for time to do much other looking....probably a good thing! ;)  Hope your Thanksgiving was great and have a Blessed Christmas!