I Forge Iron

Hello all

Romakarol

Hello! My name is Roman, I live in Ireland and am 16 years old.
While watching a film today with yet another example of awesome medieval armour, I quite suddenly realised I want to be a blacksmith. I was always jealous of people with passions a bit more useful than tabletop and card gaming, so I am very excited of this epiphany.

While frantically googling, I came across some very helpful replies to a person my age on these forums, and decided to register. I plan take up blacksmithing of some kind, and hopefully make a career of it some day. At the moment I am schooling myself of the general theory, and hopefully some time tomorrow I will have decided on how to go about getting access to a forge.

For the moment I thought I would introduce myself here, and will probably be in need of your advise soon.
Thanks and goodnight, Roman.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Roman! Welcome to Iforgeiron. We are glad to have you here. This is indeed a wonderful and addicting hobby to get into. Take your time and brouse the various sections. Ask questions. There are MANY very talented and helpful people here. And when you get on your way don't forget to post pictures of your work.

Mitch

so you want to be a blacksmith, not an armourer?

there is a difference but some overlap, you can learn about both here but I also use the armour archive forums.

I would not describe myself as a smith or an armourer but I make tools and forges, there are events in Ireland but more here in england, in about 10 days im heading for The original reenactors market near coventry for 3 days