I Forge Iron

New to me blower

Brandon1

Well I saw a blower a few weeks ago in a local flea market and passed at 95.00. I went back today and he still had it for the same price. I sorta frowned at the price. He asked what did you have in mind I said 50.00. He said how about 60 I said I will meet you in the middle at 55.00. So I brought her home. After a little cleaning upand adjustig runout on the fan she is turning great! I still have to replace the legs that are rusted out.DSCN3370_zps69acfb71.jpgDSCN3371_zpsb6f1b1fd.jpgDSCN3372_zps8247a2ba.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finished cleaning it up and repainting. The shaft that holds the handle had some significant wear on it so it was brazed up and dressed to fit. Gearbox at sometime had some water in it and there  was some rust clumps everywhere. Everything was cleaned which took a good while. I have the leg's for the stand cut but am thinking of just having straight legs mounted to a heavy base.

I liked the old used look it had before but here in the South everything will rust if left unprotected. A coat of oil would only last so long. Maybe a coat of primer and paint will keep it from rusting away for a good while. While cleaning there were a few spots of the old paint on the inside of the fan housing it was red so I repainted that color. I also had to make a new wood handle.

DSCN3394_zps36812134.jpgDSCN3393_zpsf484fa82.jpg