I Forge Iron

Adjusting Forced Air Burner

C.I.TR3

Still in the process of getting my first forge set up.

Can someone please help me with how to adjust my forced air burner?  I am not sure how to manage the relationship between the propane regulator, propane needle valve, and gate valve I have on my air supply.  What kind of flame should I be looking for?  How much space should there be between the end of nozzle and where visible flame actually starts?  What is the best way to start making adjustments to get the burn I am looking for?  What exactly am I looking for?

I have seen a number of posts relating to doing this for venturi burners and thought I remember one for a forced air burner but for the life of me I cannot find it. 

Thanks for the help.

lets see I turn on the gas and light the forge; then turn on the blower with the air choked all the way off and add air until I get the loudest flame and the impingement zone glows brightest.

If the forge is too hot then I back off the gas some and lower the air to match once again; if it's not hot enough I raise the gas pressure and adjust the air to match.

NOT KNOWING YOUR EXACT BURNER SET UP I can't give you a pressure to start with.  My blown forge runs fairly low---lower than my aspirated forge that I start at 10 PSI---realizing that gauges can be VERY VERY OUT of Whack!

My suggestion is to visit someone using a similar forge and see how they do it rather than trying to guess if we are using the same terms the same way.