I Forge Iron

Blower help

K.C.

I know my info is limited and I apologize in advance. I found a Buffalo Forge blower. The owner says it has a 1.5 inch opening. It turns but seems super noisy. Kinda like it has gravel in side. Lol. It still has the stand and it comes with a set of tongs for 40 bucks. It's a bit of a drive for me. Is it worth it?

Greetings KC,

Looks like a good buy to me...  I think you will find the opening is 3 inches not 1 and 1/2..  More than likely its just the fan that's the problem... At best the stand and parts are worth the 40.   Nice find...

Forge on and make beautiful things

Jim

Thanks for the input guys! I made the trip. I ended up with the blower, stand, tongs, and a Champion wall mount drill press that works all for 60 bucks. When I got the blower home I oiled it and she runs as smooth and quiet as could be.. Oh I forgot to mention he had the rest of the forge less the stand and fire bowl that he also gave me! I'm going to re-work the ash dump build a stand and put a fire pot on probably tomorrow. Can't wait to fire it up.