I Forge Iron

Future site for a blacksmith shop....

post-42864-0-49045800-1372778709_thumb.j

This will most likely be the the building that will house my 'Hobby Forge'.....All the junk is from the previous owner and will be cleaned out by the end of the week.  I was planning on building a brake drum forge and centering it on the back wall and building a flue-box out the window for the back/side draft chimney to run up the outside of the building. I also plan on fully insulating it and covering the back wall with dry wall then corrugated steel that I will have a supply of from another old building on property.

Daniel: I used to use graph paper for designing and laying out areas like shop space but Sketchup is really much easier if you believe anything could be easier than moving paper cutouts on a piece of paper.

Sketchup can do all kinds of really cool things once you set up the "rules" you want to apply, say minimum/maximum spacing. Draw the tools as components and you can move them faster and easier than paper cutouts on a drawing. I've been using the freeware version for years.

Still, I used graph paper and cutouts for decades before I finally found a CADD program that was easier and I'm still a HUGE fan of graph paper.

Oh yeah, the only connection I have to Sketchup is it's loaded on my computer and I really like it.

Frosty The Lucky.

I've used sketchup for modeling a press and a few other things, hadn't though of using for my shop layout, I might play with it later. Another reason I like having the graph paper is because I can play with it when my wife wants me to watch tv with her and its a show I dont enjoy..lol and I dont enjoy much that's on tv.

Also, with sketchup, whenever Im using it I always think in my head, Sketchup and Mustard.

Would you like Sketchup with your fries? That'll be with me forever now. Deb and I both have our computers in front of the TV so we can amuse ourselves while the spousal unit's watching what they want.

Frosty The Lucky.