I Forge Iron

G'day Lance from Perth, Western Australia

G'day I'm a fitter/machinist by trade and have recently decided to finally get a small smithing workshop up and running. There has always been something about hot metal that just inspires me.

I'm new to smithing and still have a lot to learn but I'am finding my previous metal experience of great value all the same.

Currently I make 14th century medieval armour but am looking to branch out to blade smithing quickly. I have been making purpose tools as I go. 

It's an itch I have been needing to scratch for a long time.

I would like to give some thanks to all the support and helpful hints I have found on this site so far. You guys have been awsome. Suddenly after months of fumbling in the dark for relevant information and local smiths to learn from. I have more info than I can possibly soak up.

Cheers :)

Oh and here is a link to the Aussie roll call on I Forge Iron, for any other Aussies that stumble across this post http://www.iforgeiron.com/topic/7176-oz-roll-call/

hey mate, look forward to chatting again.

all i can add is, dont let the sca (or any other group) tie you down. make the best armour you can possibly make, and make sure you still always think you can do better.

i will die, still wishing i was as good as lorenz helmschmeid, or  the tomaso family...

hell, i would settle for phillipo negroli ;)