I Forge Iron

Mounting a buffalo 210(?) blower...

neg

I got this blower and cleaned it up. I still need to make a handle for it, but that shouldn't be too hard. What I need to know is how I'm supposed to mount it. I don't have a welder so I can't fabricate a stand for it... If some of you could show me how you've mounted your 210 it'd be great, I could really use some ideas. :)post-27440-0-59941100-1368638364_thumb.jpost-27440-0-69462200-1368638385_thumb.jpost-27440-0-87263900-1368638405_thumb.j

The lower part of the gear case under that bottom bearing is typically placed into a clamshell that can be locked with one or two bolts and fastened to either legs or a permanent mount.  If you have only the blower and no other parts left over, you'll need to acquire or make some pieces to accomodate this method of mounting.

You don't have a welder, but is there a friend or a local establishment that has one they can build one for you??

Pretty simple to do, once you have all the parts, and spend hrs and hrs cutting and welding. LOL

It was a huge job. One I hope to never have to do again.

I think it was 2" heavy wall pipe. Washers welded on the ends of the home made clamp...........a flange to mount the verticle pipe to a 1/4 thick plate. That is bolted to a 16.5"x12" truck brake drum.

post-21170-0-32965200-1369136423_thumb.j

post-21170-0-44794800-1369136466_thumb.j

I got it figured out. I ended up mounting a pipe that fit into the brackets on the bottom of the blower to the side of my forge, then slid the blower onto it and bolted it in place. I'll post some pictures in a little bit so they might help someone else with the same problem. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...