I Forge Iron

sold my little giant

Well it wasn't what i had planned for it--but due to some health issues--and knowing that i wouldn't be using it for the retirement i had planned---i had posted it for sale with the AABA for about the last 6 months (had posted it here too for a month)------i got one person who came down to look at it this week monday---and all he asked (after we ran it) was how do we load it up.........i have an I beam down the center of the garage and a chain fall---back in--lift--set--drive off.........I'm pleased its going somewhere it will be used and he was pleased to get it----------all in all (with just a little regret), a good deal for both of us.   Mike   

Glad you finally found a home for it. Me and some of the local guys talked about how nice a hammer it was. Either we were too broke or already had too many hammers to buy it. You just can't beat a nice plug and play hammer. Its suprising how much can be spent in time and parts getting one to look and run like that hammer. Whoever bought it is going to be very happy.

Dan

Yea--I'm glad its gone to a good home---made it a little tough when we tested it prior to loading---just plug and play------had another call the day it left from a friend in town -- he thought that maybe i was looking to sell so i could up size--which makes me think he may be putting his on the market sometime here soon---i will try and get some more info on it----i know its bigger but not sure if its a 50 or 100------

I was doing everything by hand before and as i'm sure i can still do a little once in awhile by hand now.

Dan--good to hear from ya--maybe i will see ya at the next open forge at harolds.

mike

Mike,

Sounds good. I'll look for you at Harolds.I know what its like to sell a good hammer, not always easy. I sold my rebuilt 50# hammer to fund another which was a big mistake because the new hammer which I thought was a plug and play turned out to need quite a bit of work. I would have bought your hammer, but I'm trying to scale up. I'm currently on the hunt for something larger than my 100# L.G. and have been saving for it. I would love to find a complete running Nazel 2 or 3B that could use some work. I know I'll find one I just have to be patient.

Take care, and you are more than welcome to contact me if you are working on something and need to use a hammer. 

Dan