I Forge Iron

hows it look?

Jakebob

ok the other day i made this knife and i just got a little anvil. i think it is meant to be a knifemakers anvil, it weighs 20lb

and there is a symbol on the anvil- it is like a diamond- with a c and an o in it... does this mean anything?

2880.attach

2881.attach

YOui can do a lot6 with that anvil it has a nice working face and looks to be in real good shape. Ir it were mine I would help it a bit. I would mount it on a stump the brings it up to a nice working hight from the floor and strap it down tight.That will make it think it weighs a lot more than what the scales show. Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

blood dries darker than that. i don't think it is.
by the by, i'm relatively new to this, how you get the knife to twist in the handle as such? i've seen such a tecnique before but i really don't know how it's done.

blood dries darker than that. i don't think it is.
by the by, i'm relatively new to this, how you get the knife to twist in the handle as such? i've seen such a tecnique before but i really don't know how it's done.

Just clamp one end of square bar in the vice, grab the other end with vice grips or a wrench, while the section in between is hot, and spin the wrench around.