I Forge Iron

Anyone in southern Cali????

trav

Hi everyone ,
I'm staying out here in Los Angeles and was hoping to do some smithing but I have no equipment as I am here temporarily. Does anyone know of A school of smithing or somewhere that would let me play??
Thanks
Trav

hit up Adam's Forge in griffith park, reasonably priced blacksmithing school with very friendly staff and good equipment, i had the same question about 6 months ago and was given the same recommendation (thanks again SoCalDave) and i am very glad i went there.

how long are you here?  by their typical schedule they should be having an open forge day saturday the 13th in the afternoon and every tuesday evening but without you having taken a discovery day intro class (required for open forge and special classes, kind of like their 101 level so they know you know to hold the wooden end of the hammer) they might not let you attend open forge.  their next discovery day is the 14th so depending on your schedule that may or may not work.

however if you talk to Nancy (email addy is at the top of the classes page) and you can proove your chops they may let you walk in without having attended their intro, but i cant make any promises so dont assume anything.

http://adamsforge.com/Adams_Forge/Classes.html

im planning to try and be there on the 14th myself, ill try and remember to fly the IFI colors when i go :)

definitely contact them though, or if you are up for a drive check out Vista down towards san diego.