I Forge Iron

I don't usually do knives...

neg

I usually do small decorative stuff, steak turners, tools, or random things out of spikes, but I've been seeing a lot of nice knives on here lately so I thought I'd try a few.

I made this one after seeing basher's blacksmith knives. They looked really nice so I tried something similar. :) Since taking the picture today I've decided to soak it in vinegar. I'll repost another picture of it tomorrow after it's done.

post-27440-0-17456600-1363578015_thumb.j

I made this one earlier today. I'd been thinking of making a kunai for a while now. Im pretty happy with how it turned out. It's almost 12" long.

post-27440-0-38039400-1363578020_thumb.j

This one was for fun, I've been watching the walking dead on TV so I made myself a "zombie killer" :P

post-27440-0-41330900-1363578009_thumb.j

Steel is all I know. The first one was just part of a 1/2" rod I had laying around, the second was part of what looked like a leaf spring that I dug up in my yard that's been in the ground for at least 20 years. And the last one was just a piece of steel they were throwing away at work, so I took it home.

You can go to your local scrap yard and buy some leaf springs. Most of the time they will sell you steel. It's typically 5160 steel and will temper very well. Seems you are well on your way as far as the blades go. I like all three.

Scott