I Forge Iron

My works is going to be in a movie!

Mark  Emig

Pretty cool thing-got a great client who is a movie director. Got a bunch of work on his estate. He's shooting a movie there-a couple scenes are going to be right in front of my stuff! And I get to hang out at the shoot! I can't say the movie name until the shoot is over and put together, but will post later. Kind of neat to see happen.

Mark  – GOOD  ON YOU! :)

I used to get a huge satisfaction when I happen to drive by homes that I had constructed railing for many years ago,

although I could not see them from the street.

Sometime (40 years later) I would even recall the extra work it took to get a challenging stair railing to fit perfect.

My identity was always on the line.

No one knew or cared about who built them except me.

But my good memories are still paying off.

That is why I get excited when I hear other people do well.

The pay check of knowing what you have accomplished will be gaining interest for the rest of your life.

So I can just imagine how your new experience would add validation to who you are as a craftsman!

Congratulations.

When you win! We all win!

My best to you

Ted Throckmorton

Well, the word is crud. Got over to the set, they took down the fireplace doors, moved the log rack, moved the fireplace tools, moved the lamps, moved the table, moved the andirons. But, it was cool to see them film the scenes. The client said sorry, but things changed with how they were going to shoot. Guess I should have kept my mouth shut until AFTER shooting :)

Mark - congrats regardless!  We had a similar experience making a dress for a movie.  Actress didn't make the measurement predictions....  one 'I feel fat' and it was over.  Such is life, and people in the industry remember.  Next that group needs something, I wouldn't be surprised to see you posting again!

Movie people do some very odd things...

We have an early 17th century's soon near by, that operates as a house museum. The curator told me that they rented the site out to a film crew once. They had the house emptied out, and built a fake White House 'Oval Office' set inside it. It was all fake backdrops - none of the original building was visible on film.

There was no reason whatsoever why they (the film crew) needed to rent this historic building - everything they did could have been more easily accomplished in a studio.