I Forge Iron

Hello all,

The first show I'll be attending on behalf of the Guild this year will be the Thame Country Fair - at Thame, Bucks - on 31st march -1st April.

All are welcome and if you have current guild membership (a bargain at £20 per year) it costs you nothing to have a table or two at the show to sell your ironwork and promote your skills.

Come for either day or both days, do demonstrations if you want or just chat to the visitors.

This goes for the other shows we'll be attending too and I shall be posting the dates and locations for those in the coming weeks.

If you want to come along please let me know.

Giles

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So far I have confirmations from Guild members Tom and Igor that they will be joining me at Thame on March 31st - April 1st, which is good news. Any others will also be very welcome to do demo's or just chat to the public.

Remember, skill level is not an important factor here (or I wouldn't be going!), whether you are a master or a beginner you will still be able to pass on some knowledge and enthusiasm to the public which will all be to the craft's good.

• 3 weeks later...

The Thame Show was good, lots of interest in blacksmithing and the Guild - so there will be new students for courses at Westpoint & future members.

Many thanks to John B for coming and to a new member also called John (surname unknown by me). People not called John are also welcome to attend shows, in fact I would encourage them to do so. (I am not anti-Johns but I do feel that the Guild shouldn't restrict itself to such a limited class of member.)

The next show will be at Mapledurham House in Reading on the 4th, 5th & 6th of May. I will post reminders as these dates approach.

• 4 weeks later...

This is just a reminder that on May 4th, 5th & 6th the guild will attend the Live Crafts Festival at Mapledurham House, Reading, Berkshire RG4 7TR.

All welcome to have a chat or a go at forging, or to do a demo' or display / sell your wares.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, a good show with a large amount of interest in blacksmithing and many people interested in courses with the Guild - let's hope that they follow through and book them. Thanks to Igor and Jon for helping out on the stand.

The next show the Guild will attend in the South East area will be at The Woburn Abbey Country Fair on the 8th & 9th of June (assuming the place is not flooded again as it was last year.)

• 5 weeks later...