I Forge Iron

Idenify this vise

WMH

I bought this vise for $50 just because I have never seen on and it swivels 360 deg. Markings on it say it was made by M&P Tool MFG. Co., Saginaw Mich. It works great but would like to know a little more history. Any help would be great. Thankspost-27712-0-87546000-1360543453_thumb.jpost-27712-0-50641700-1360543471_thumb.jpost-27712-0-59417100-1360543488_thumb.j

Greetings,

This vise is made by the Cole vise company.  Its main use is for the oil and field fab business..  It orginally came with a slick drill press that fits in the round grove under the jaws..  You will find the vice pads ar very agressive and will mark your metal easy..  You can also field stake the unit note the hole on the bottom... The hole is also used so that you can clamp the vise jaws on a beam and use this hole to insert a lever...  I have 3 of complete sets and the orginal paperwork...   They work slick but you will have to work with it a while... (pull the jaw plates and grind to smooth.. )  Great find

Jim

Greetings Mark,

You will find one on ebay under cole vise#7 for 80 bucks..  Its missing the chuck and a fixture for drilling pulleys ( v block)     The cool thing about this press is that you can take the small table off turn it around and bolt it to anything ... Kind of a mag drill ..   

Have fun with your vise..

Jim