I Forge Iron

My first.. Hooks!

YungBuck

Good first start. You probably want to make the curled end curl to the outside rather than inside so it doesnt interfere as much with placement and removal of the item being hung.Just heat and twist . A little decorative touch. Do some more. They are very useful. Make the kind that have a hole for a screw rather than the spike because you will have more uses for that drilled kind. Yours are drive hooks and were used to drive into heavy timbers such as in an old barn.

hey yung buck theyre not rough at all - i particularly think the third one is sweet.  :) its good to try different proportions and positioning in the hooks, like chichi said, they seem to work better with the curl facing outwards, but you can easily do that. i would play around with different fixing methods, but also twisting or marking sections of the straight youre using. there are loads of different types of hooks people made on here which you can look at for ideas. also maybe you can work on getting that top elbow where the hook starts to go down a nice good sharp rectangle, so that the hook hangs flush to the timber.  if indeed that is what you prefer! whatever - keep doing them!! 

thanks everyone! I think Ill take Chichis advice and make ones with holes in them for a screw. More helpful nowadays haha. I got these out of the edge of the anvil book. First thing they show you, i didnt really take time to think about where they would be best used. Thanks for all the advice!