I Forge Iron

My version of the holly candlestick holder I saw on here

Tubularfab

I was searching for Christmas gift ideas and found a post from last year showing some nice holly leaf candlestick holders. That poster credited a newsletter for the inspiration...

Anyway, I drew up a similar shape in CAD, and used my plasma cutter to cut the blanks:
http://youtu.be/gCbhcdxcLEM

Is there any other way to cut a complex shape like that? It's a very old machine for cnc (1990) that I picked up cheap and retrofit a hobby pc cnc control to. Makes my life easier!

post-28670-0-55338000-1355710460_thumb.j

Used a chisel to vein them while hot, and add some life by making them a little more 3d. Here is the finished piece:
post-28670-0-27236800-1355710583_thumb.jpost-28670-0-24489100-1355710612_thumb.jpost-28670-0-25288800-1355710639_thumb.j

Oh, the copper candle holders are made from 3/4" copper tubing from Home Depot. I machined a mandrel on the lathe that sizes the tube up in a taper, and flares the top out and bottom in. So, I cut the tube to 1.25" long, anneal it, and press it over the mandrel. If anyone is interested I can snap pics of the mandrel and post them.

So, not a very blacksmithy project really, but I like them. So have the recipients so far!