I Forge Iron

my coal forge almost done

crazeyladyfarms

this my coal forge almost done. I just need to make up my mind if I should put in a clinker breaker in the bottom or a tuyere 2" taller then the bottom. I have been watching learing and building but I'm to a point I don't know which would be the better. any thoughts, coments , I have made an adjustible tool rest that can be put to eather side and plan one for the end. I have the blower and the pluming for that it will be square. but that all goes in after which choice I make. every thing you see is repurposed and free. Including the blower

post-24331-0-52671300-1354069067_thumb.j

post-24331-0-45609300-1354069133_thumb.j

I agree with Backwoods, clinker breaker is the way to go. I had mine the other way, the air outlet above the floor of the fire pot and always had to use my poker to keep the air coming thru the fire. Mine was 1 1/2 inches high, it was a 2 inch pipe cap with holes in it. Finally got tired of messing with it and made me one with a clinker breaker. Was well worth the half a day it took to fabricate it.