I Forge Iron

New on the forum

Hey guys, I've floated around in the knifemaking/bladesmithing forums for the past few years and even lurked in here. Recently a friend convinced me to join. I tend to be a bit leary of joining forums simply because with how many are out there, it can be tough to keep up with.

I'm sorta taking a long time getting started in blade/blacksmithing right now so I'd just like to introduce myself an an amateur craftsman. I also have a tool fetish, so things like the 'followed me home' thread fits right in with my addictions. I just wanted to post and say hi and thanks for all the useful information that everyone has posted and shown thruout the site. Hopefully I can add to it, if not answering someones questions right away, perhaps in time.

-MJ

MJ Hofbauer
Welcome to IFI.
Sounds to me like you have your ducks lined up in a row.
This site is enjoyed by many people like your self who are independent thinkers. I believe that is why we can learn so much from each other on this site.
Please consider visiting the chat room. You will find several blacksmiths/Blade Smiths talk live about any issue that is brought up.
I am leaning toward making some knives due to the interest they have generated in myself.
I will look foreward to any information and photos you would be willing to share with us.
Be safe!
Old Rusty Ted