I Forge Iron

NOS (New Old Stuff)...

Picked up this shaper yesterday. It came out of a garage in Austin - a nice young man bought the house and this came with it. I was fortunate that he was patient enough to work with my schedule since we've been discussing it for several weeks. Everything seems to be in good shape but it is missing the vise so I'll be on the prowl for one of those.

I also picked up a very nice Peter Wright 133 lb anvil - didn't need it but kind of fell in my lap. No pics of that yet but it's also in good condition - besides the usual weight and brand lettering, it also has a large "E" stamped on the end of one foot that appears to have been done at the factory. Anyone know what that signifies?

post-27-0-28223800-1353768675_thumb.jpg

Nice shaper!!! It must be geared since it has the integral motor. What's the stroke? Don't worry about not having a vice many if not all operations on the shaper can be done with assortments of hold downs. Good score!

Nice shaper!!! It must be geared since it has the integral motor. What's the stroke? Don't worry about not having a vice many if not all operations on the shaper can be done with assortments of hold downs. Good score!

I should have put that in the first post - it's a 12" stroke and also has the optional downfeed on the ram. Thanks for the other comment also - I have a Kurt vise on my Bridgeport if I get stuck and need one but it's nice to know it's usable without.

AWESOME machine Hollis, wow. I have been looking for a shaper recently also.

Thanks, Sam. General machinery is hard to come by down here - we are in the "Sahara Desert" with regard to anything much beyond welding machines (which are all over the place). You should have better luck in the NE - keep looking!